Female Students in Paragon Lecture Hall

Ways to Give

Click the options below to find all the ways you can help support our students at The University of West London.

You can make a one-off or recurring donation to The University of West London using our online donation form. Click the button below to donate now.


Payroll Giving is a way of giving money to charity without paying tax on it. It is the most tax-efficient method of making charitable donations. Payroll giving is a scheme available through your UK employer, which enables you to make a charitable donation straight from your gross salary.

However, your employer must have a payroll giving scheme in place for you to donate this way (they may refer to the scheme using a specific payroll agency brand name, such as ‘Give As You Earn’). You can find out more about donating through your payroll by getting in touch with us via development@uwl.ac.uk

If you are a UWL Staff Member, you can set up your payroll giving through the CAF Give As You Earn website.

We have given generations of students a great start, and generations have given back to the community and to UWL. One of the best ways you can support our work; our students, our teaching and our research, is by making a gift in your Will. It is a way of ensuring that your memories and affection for your time here will have a lasting impact on future generations at UWL.

There are several ways you can support UWL with a legacy. You can see more information on the most common types of gift and how you can help by clicking Read More.

Collaboration and partnerships with our corporate supporters have allowed us to fund leading research, fulfil more potential through student support and increase access to industry opportunities. Through supporting the University of West London, your organisation can have a significant impact in driving forward UWL’s key priorities, through several initiatives:

    • Scholarships
    • Research
    • Gifts in-kind
    • Facilities
    • Volunteering

To find out more about Corporate Giving, please contact the Development Office on 020 8231 2608 or at development@uwl.ac.uk

Do you wish to support us in a tax efficient way? If you are a UK taxpayer, there are several ways to do so!

Ways to donate tax efficiently

Gift Aid

If you donate to our University through Gift Aid, you allow us to claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give. This will not add any extra cost to you. If you are a higher rate taxpayer (40% +), you can claim back some of the tax on your donation. You can find out more about donating through Gift Aid by visiting the UK Government website here, or getting in touch with us via development@uwl.ac.uk

Donating Land, Property or Shares

If you donate land, property or shares to UWL, you will not pay Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax. To find out more, please visit the UK Government website or get in touch with us via development@uwl.ac.uk

UWL can also accept donations from supporters who reside outside the UK.


UWL can accept donations via Transnational Giving Europe (TGE). The TGE network covers 19 countries, allowing donors resident in participating countries to offer financial support to non-profit organisations in other member countries. It allows donors to benefit from the tax advantages provided for in the legislation of their country of residence.  If you wish to find out more about donating through land, property or shares, please visit TGE website here, or get in touch with us via development@uwl.ac.uk


Supporters in the USA can benefit from tax-effective giving by donating via the British Schools and Universities Foundation, Inc. The BSUF is a non-profit, tax-exempt foundation managed by volunteers who serve without compensation of any kind. 

Please make your check payable to the British Schools and Universities Foundation, Inc. – specifying University of West London, and mail it to: 

British Schools and Universities Foundation, Inc. 
575 Madison Avenue 
Suite 1006 
New York 
NY 10022-2511 

Or, if you prefer, you can donate online, specifying University of West London at https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/BSUF


Canadian donors can benefit from tax-effective giving. The Canada Revenue Agency recognises the University of West London as a registered University outside of Canada for the purposes of subsection 149.1(1) of the Income Tax Act. 

You can make a gift by clicking here.

Regular giving from our donors enables us to plan ahead. It allows us, for example, to offer bursaries and scholarships annually to our students. Setting up regular giving via Direct Debit is simple. Please download our form by clicking here. You can either fill it out as a pdf and email it to development@uwl.ac.uk , or you can print it out, fill it out and mail it to:

Office of Development & Alumni Relations, University of West London, London, W5 5RF

 If you wish to discuss your regular giving with us, please get in touch with us via development@uwl.ac.uk

We are truly delighted and grateful that we have been supported by several prestigious Trusts and Foundations, such as the Paul Hamlyn Foundation, Wellcome Trust, Royal Academy of Engineering, British Heart Foundation, Sir Halley Stuart Trust, Abbeyfield Research Foundation and many others. Thanks to the support from the charitable sector we have:

    • Significantly improved our facilities
    • Supported many students with scholarships and bursaries
    • Through our research, enhanced the design and delivery of impactful solutions to some of the most pressing challenges we are facing today

To find out more about supporting UWL through a Trust or Foundation please contact the Development Office on 020 8231 2608 or at development@uwl.ac.uk


Click Here to Return to Giving to UWL Homepage