Certificates and Transcripts


Last Updated - 22/10/2020

Due to the current situation, transcripts are running a limited service. Requests will be dealt with when it is possible to do so.

Former students of the University of West London, or any of our predecessor institutions, are able to request replacement certificates, new copies of transcripts and syllabi, and verification of education letters and academic references via the Conferments and Awards Office.

Requests are handled strictly in chronological order based on the date they are submitted; when submitting a request you should ensure you allow sufficient time for your request to be processed. Please do also refer to the update above regarding when transcripts will be able to process your request.

Applications for copies of degree certificates and transcripts must be made by the former student themselves. Requests for copies of documentation made by a third party cannot be processed as the information contained within is not published data.

Please be aware that the University is unable to change the name of a recipient of award on documentation issued.

When submitting your request for documentation you must provide all of the information requested, failure to provide all requested information will result in delays to your request and may mean the University is unable to provide documentation to you.

To submit your request or to contact us if you have any queries, please see below:

020 8231 2462 / 020 8231 2123

University of West London
Conferments and Awards
Paragon House (4th Floor)
Boston Manor Road

Current University of West London Students

Thames Valley University Certificates

In May 2011 Thames Valley University was renamed the University of West London by permission of the Privy Council. Documentation issued by Thames Valley University, including certificates and transcripts, remain valid as proof of qualifications obtained and do not need to be replaced. Should you wish to purchase a University of West London certificate to replace your original Thames Valley University certificate you may do so via this website.

To purchase a replacement certificate please see the Replacement Certificate section below for full details.

Replacement Certificates

If your certificate has been lost, stolen or irretrievably damaged/defaced a replacement can be requested. Please see fees for this service below:


Awards from 2005 to present day


Awards from 1998 to 2004


Awards from 1992 to 1997


Awards pre-1992 (subject to availability)


Once your request has been processed you will be contacted via email by the Conferments' Team with regard to making payment.

Method of payment

Payment can be made by cheque, postal order or debit/credit card.

Payment by cheque or postal order

If the chosen method of payment is by cheque or postal order please enclose with your returned form. Cheques and postal orders must be made payable to “University of West London”.

Payment by credit or debit card

If the chosen method of payment is by credit or debit card you must provide a contact telephone number and/or email address below. We will contact you for payment on receipt of this form: Please note the University does not accept American Express cards.

Please note that the University is unable to issue electronic copies of Certificates.

Request your replacement certificate here.

Academic Transcripts

List the titles and marks of the modules you studied in each academic year. It gives your period of registration as a student, your degree date and classification. You may need your transcript for employment, further education, or emigration purposes.

Awards from 2005 to present day


Awards from 1998 to 2004


Awards from 1992 to 1997


Awards pre-1992 (subject to availability)


Request your academic transcript here.

Course Syllabi

Outline the courses/modules studied and information on the subjects covered. Please note we are unable to provide syllabi for all courses. If we are not able to provide the full syllabus, we will provide it to you free of charge.

Course syllabus (subject to availability)


Request your course syllabus here.

Transcript of Training: College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare

A Transcript of Training provides a breakdown of the theory and clinical hours that were completed during your study. If you are registering to work overseas and have been asked to obtain documentation by the board you are registering with you should request a Transcript of Training using the form below. Any forms you are required by the overseas board and must be completed by the University to support your registration should be submitted by email to transcripts@uwl.ac.uk or by post to:

University of West London
Conferments and Awards
Paragon House (4th Floor)

Transcript of Training (relevant to College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare only and subject to availability) Once your request has been processed a copy of your transcript will be dispatched directly to the overseas board, as most do not accept transcripts sent by an individual. We will contact you for payment via email.


Request your transcript of training here.

Official Letters

Provide confirmation of your award or of the dates you studied. You may require this as additional supporting documentation of your time at University, for example if you require proof of dates of study for council tax exemption purposes.

Letter of confirmation of award


Provides more detailed information on your award (name, student reference, date of birth, award, classification, award date, awarding body, language of instruction)


Letter of attendance

No fee

Provides information on the course and the dates you studied (name, student reference, date of birth, programme of study, start and end date, language of instruction)


Council tax exemption letter

No fee

This is available to full-time students only. Provides information about the dates of study and the number of hours of study per week (name, student reference, date of birth)

Request your Letter of Confirmation of Award, Letter of Attendance or Council Tax Exemption Letter here.


Unfortunately the University is unable to provide personal references for former students. However, the University is able to provide a letter confirming your award or attendance (please see above).

Third Party Reference Requests

If you are an employer/employment agency or any other third party looking to obtain study information regarding a former student (not including individual module marks), you will need to provide us with a hand signed letter of consent (not typed) from the candidate (scanned electronic copies are accepted), authorising us to release their information to you.

Please note that without this signed declaration we will not be able to process your request.

Requests should be emailed to transcripts@uwl.ac.uk and must include all of the information below clearly within the email to be processed:

- Candidates full name at graduation

- Date of birth

- Course studied

- Dates course undertaken

- Institution course undertaken at (for overseas students).

Please note that the University is unable to provide a personal reference for former students and can only provide confirmation of award received and the dates studied.

Requests may take a minimum of three weeks to process.

Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)

The Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) provides a comprehensive record of a learner's achievement during their period of study with the University. It includes academic results, extra-curricular activities, prizes and awards that have been verified by the University, and is designed to replace the existing transcript. For further information, please visit the HEAR webpages.

Request your HEAR.

Please note that a HEAR is only available to full-time undergraduate students graduating from 2016 onwards, who will receive it upon completion of their studies.

Accessibility     |     Privacy Policy


University of West London. Copyright © 2016. Alumni -  alumni@uwl.ac.uk ,
 Development - development@uwl.ac.uk